Loading more than one file.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mfanas
Participant

Loading more than one file.

Post by mfanas »

Hi guys,

I need to load more than one file into DB2 tables using Datastage, I tried using the Folder stage but everything was written into one line and my sql script to extract substrings in the file so as to pupulate my table field failed. Is there any other stage I can use to achieve this in a best possible way. The files are of the same format and structure. Plz plz gurus help a brother out.

Thank you in advance.
Jayesh_09
Participant

Re: Loading more than one file.

Post by Jayesh_09 »

Mfanas,

You can achieve this using LINK COLLECTOR only if the metadata is same on all the files.

Regards
JK
mfanas wrote:Hi guys,

I need to load more than one file into DB2 tables using Datastage, I tried using the Folder stage but everything was written into one line and my sql script to extract substrings in the file so as to pupulate my table field failed. Is there any other stage I can use to achieve this in a best possible way. The files are of the same format and structure. Plz plz gurus help a brother out.

Thank you in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a Transformer stage to parse the record structure. This can have separate outputs for each of the DB2 tables. There is no need whatsoever for a Link Collector stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.