DSR.ADMIN error- while logging in Administrator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you tried to create dummy project on the system to if the errors disappear?
avi21st
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by avi21st »

ArndW wrote:Have you tried to create dummy project on the system to if the errors disappear?

I can create project using "dsadmin" id. But cannot login with any other user-id to Datastage administrator.
What can be the problem?
Avishek Mukherjee
Data Integration Architect
Chicago, IL, USA.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The problem is most likely access rights. Does your non-admin user have the access rights that the DataStage documentation requires? If this is a test or development project you can chmod all the files to 775 and check; but I'm fairly certain that this is the root of your issues unless you have a corrupt installation.
Have you looked at your hidden files in the directory?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First check the Permissions tab in Administrator. The message suggests that the non-dsadm user is not in any group to which the Developer role is assigned.

I think the other messages are spurious; the fact that you can log in via the Administrator client suggests that DataStage is set up OK; do you get a list of projects displayed on the Projects tab?

If so, can you select project DDR and open the Command window there? If you can, execute the command DS.REINDEX ALL to rebuild the Repository indexes in this project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.