Sequence Activity of the Job still shows Running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequence Activity of the Job still shows Running

Post by DeepakCorning »

I have a Sequence Activity Job which is showing the state "Running" but everything which this activity calls is finished (the server job which it calls is finished).

I tried stopping it , compiling it but no use. The last message that I havein log file of this sequence activity is --

"Auto-purged 20 log entries."
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Try clearing the Status File from the Director and see whether you are able to compile the job or not.

Try to see the locks held by the job if any through the DS.TOOLS. If there then try releasing them.

See if there are any uvsh.exe processes still there in the server through the task manager.
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Auto purge only happens AFTER successful completion. Look slightly earlier in the log for the "completed" message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Nothing interesting in the messages - all infos and Run jobs. No errors no warning. Nothing at all.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And are the timestamps close to the "log purged" timestamp? What is the status of the job sequence in Status view?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

ray.wurlod wrote:And are the timestamps close to the "log purged" timestamp? What is the status of the job sequence in Status view?
Yes , the timestamps are close , difference of only seconds. The Job started at 1:00:53 AM and the auto purge loag entry is at 1:01:09 AM.

Status is "Running". The server job which it calls is "Finished".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't know. Seems like a bug. This is one of those cases when you need the Clear Status File facility.