How to find out what is in list 2 but not in list1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Champa
Participant

How to find out what is in list 2 but not in list1

Post by Champa »

All,

I have two lists from 2 oracle stages. I want to know how to find out what is in list 2 but not in one. Can you please let me know how to do that.

Thanks
Champa
anntaylor
Participant

Post by anntaylor »

You could have list 1 be a lookup and have the unmatched keys go to a reject link for processing.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Use a transformer stage accepting both sources as input with list 2 as primary input and list 1 as a reference lookup. Join on all fields, if you have a unique primary key you can just join on those fields for faster processing. Have a single output with a constraint of list1.NOTFOUND. This will output any rows from list 2 that were not found on list 1.
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Outer join in user-defined SQL .....

Thanks,
Anupam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Where are the lists once you've retrieved them from Oracle? If you write the lists of keys into two files in the &SAVEDLISTS& directory (using Sequential File stage), then you can use the LIST.DIFF command to ascertain the difference.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.