Proof of concepts for DS and Informatica

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

Proof of concepts for DS and Informatica

Post by vardhan354 »

Recently we had Proof of concepts for DS and Informatica.I'm a DS consultant and I'm in favour of DS(Hawk).But I need to convince other team members that DS(Hawk) is more effective tool than Informatica.So inorder to do so, I need your support.Please post your valuable experience in support of DS highlighting some +ve aspects and also do the same on informatica if u have any information on that.
It would be better if the discussion on these two tools include a minimum of 2 paragraphs, 1 for PROs and 1 for CONs on both of these 2 tools.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
ETL
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Since Hawk isn't available yet it is hard comparing it to other ETL products.
vardhan354
Participant

Post by vardhan354 »

Atleast please make u opinion based on your experience working with DS server or EE to Informatica.
ETL
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hang on, you're the consultant, you're being paid for this POC? But you want us to do your work for you for free?

If you are interested in a commercial arrangement, please revert in those terms.

Both tools are good - otherwise they would not be where they are in the marketplace. The approach the ETL "problem" using a different mindset but, all else being equal, ought to arrive at very similar solutions.

The main point I'd make is that I (personally) would be reluctant to implement any production ETL environment in a Windows architecture.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.