how to capture bad format rejects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

how to capture bad format rejects

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Hi

Can anyone tell me how do i capture format rejects or dropped records in a server job.

I am not able to see any "reject link" option here. My job structure is:

Seq File - > Transformer - > sql server

I just want to capture all records with wrong schema at seq file stage and those records who drop at transformer due to any reason. There was a reject link in parallel jobs. But i cannot find it here.

thanx,
Rohit
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi Rohit,

There is an option avialable in the server jobs too. It is Link variable. Check for this in the tranformer by right clicking,you will find an option Linkvariables-->Output & Constant.Check with it.
You can catch you rejects based your specification.
just want to capture all records with wrong schema at seq file stage and those records who drop at transformer due to any reason. There was a reject link in parallel jobs. But i cannot find it here.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Thanx meena,

Is there anything for bad record format to be captured in sequential file stage?
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi
If you mean rejects from the sequential file then 'NO'.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

meena wrote:Hi
If you mean rejects from the sequential file then 'NO'.
Hi,

Meena is right. In server Jobs, we cant able to capture the reject records at source level. But In Parallel Jobs, we can do.
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not totally true, but close enough. The way to do it is to read the file as containing a single VarChar column, parse it in a Transformer stage, and make the accept/reject decision while parsing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.