Routine data type error Phantom 12315

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rcil
Charter Member
Charter Member

Routine data type error Phantom 12315

Post by rcil »

Hello All,

It would be appreciated if I get some help in fixing the below data type error.

Code: Select all

DataStage Job 582 Phantom 12315
Program "DSU.rtnSproc": Line 60, Improper data type.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage 
ClmExp..TransformTrn
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
If I run the routine by itself I am not getting any errors. If I use the routine passing the input columns as parameters in the stage variable then I am getting the above error. All the input columns passed are of type char.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Thanks,
RCil
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

From the error message, it's complaining about the datatype you are trying to perform the calculation. Can you post your routine or explain what you are trying to do in the routine?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In particular what are you doing around line 60? Improper data type can stem from a number of causes, the most common being an attempt to use a variable as a file variable when that variable is not, in fact, a file variable, perhaps because the file was not opened, perhaps because it's been closed in the interim, perhaps because the same variable was incorrectly used for some other purpose, implicitly invalidating it as a file variable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.