Is there a list for the DataStage Routines, Transforms etc?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasadnittala
Participant

Is there a list for the DataStage Routines, Transforms etc?

Post by prasadnittala »

Hi This may be a beginner's question.. I would like to know where can see the documentation for the total list of all the built in programming components like Datastage Routines, Sub Routines, Transforms, Functions, Macros etc. The DS Help is also partially covering those. How to learn about their functionality, use etc. To be more clear, I am giving an example. We are sometimes using the routines like DSSCD, but I am not aware of it until somebody starts using it. Ofcourse one way is exploring the repository and open and read each component. But isn't it documented some where? Can anybody help in this?? Thanks in advance...
prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

The list is in the GUI itself.

Every site is different; you will have added your own Transforms, Routines, Data Elements and so on. So you are better off browsing through the Repository where you are working, inspecting those that look interesting, and asking your colleagues for help on the ones that are not Read Only.

The Read Only ones - supplied with DataStage - are comprehensively documented in general.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Prashantoncyber
Participant

Post by Prashantoncyber »

you can refer Basic,servjdev pdf docs which gets stalled on you PC along with Datastage Client.Also for many other topics which will help you to give good start.

thanks