diff b/w DSLinkrowcount & DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

diff b/w DSLinkrowcount & DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

Pls clarify my doubt. whats the difference between DSLinkrowcount & DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT.

Thnx in Advance
With regards,
Xpert
Prashantoncyber
Participant

Post by Prashantoncyber »

DSGetLinkInfo is a Function for obtaining information about a link on an active stage.This routine may reference either
a controlled job or the current job, depending on the value of JobHandle.

Syntax
Result = DSGetLinkInfo (JobHandle, StageName, LinkName, InfoType)

where as DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT is one of the InfoType which is integer indicating number of rows that have passed down the link so far.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Names are case sensitive, so DSLinkrowcount does not exist and that is one big difference.

Otherwise the previous answer is good, but incomplete. DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT can be used as the fourth (InfoType) argument in the DSGetLinkInfo() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mohanraj
Participant

Post by mohanraj »

Hi ray

Just look at the properly the names are not case sensitive in DSLinkrowcount and DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT.
I guess how can a legend can answer like this :roll:

mohan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It depends on which version you are running, on whether the compiler directive $OPTIONS NO.CASE has been asserted. I always have case sensitivity switched on.

You might also find this post informative.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.