Accessing additional drive

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Accessing additional drive

Post by JPalatianos »

Good Morning!

I am running datastage on Windows Server 2003 and have installed it on the C: drive (C:\Ascential\DataStage) and all projects have been written to the Projects folder in that directory.
Last week I noticed that the server ops folks only allocated 8GB to this share. I asked them to upgrade the share with 20 more gig and they said the best they could do was to create another drive (D:) with the 20 gig which they have done.
My question is: Is there any way to create future projects/jobs in this share while the app resides where it currently does?
Thanks - - John
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You can put new projects on this drive if it is a local drive and not a networked shared drive. DataStage may complain about a shred drive. You need to put hashed files and sequential files in path on this drive so save disk space. This should be done using parameters like pHashedFilePath and pSeqFilePath. It should not be a problem to go back and add these parameters to all these jobs. You should be using parameters for all database users and passwords. Are you?
Mamu Kim
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Kduke,
Isn't it true that if he creates the project in say D Drive the Hash file for those project will be guided automatically to this drive??
If yes then May be I guess you are suggesting to guide the existing Hash Files to this Additonal drive....
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thank You Kduke! I have been using parameters where I could....one of the many tips learned on this site.
Thanks again.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

That is true. If you do not use a path or an account in the hashed file stage then it goes into the project directory. Therefore if the project was on the new drive then the hashed files would be okay.

My suggestion was for the existing projects to start using the new drive so the old drive does not get filled up and mess up the other projects.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are products out there (like Partition Magic) that can help. They can also re-build your server with a larger C: drive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.