regarding target file creation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaya
Participant

regarding target file creation

Post by vijaya »

Hi All,

My target is ODBC and i have checked the option create target table but while runnig the job it is showing that target table cant b created.Please let me know the reason.

Regards,
RAGHU
vijaya
Participant

please help me

Post by vijaya »

Hi all,

Please help me in doing this it is very urgent
khaja.arshad
Participant

Re: please help me

Post by khaja.arshad »

Just check whether the same table is not existing in u r database or else put the table name in uppercase

Hameed
kris_r
Participant

Post by kris_r »

What is the exact error message that you are getting?
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

May be you dont have permission to create table... Take help from your DBA

Thanks,
Anupam
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You should not urge people to answer, But the same time you should provide the necessary log information to others to investigate.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
prabu
Participant

Re: regarding target file creation

Post by prabu »

vijaya wrote:Hi All,

My target is ODBC and i have checked the option create target table but while runnig the job it is showing that target table cant b created.Please let me know the reason.

Regards,
RAGHU
maybe, just maybe....

Code: Select all

Tables can neither be created nor be destroyed but can be converted from one form into another
:lol: :lol: :lol:
most of the times, the log message+google will do the trick for db related errors.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

prabu wrote:
maybe, just maybe....

Tables can neither be created nor be destroyed but can be converted from one form into another
That is not completely correct. One can create table from within the ODBC stage and create/drop tables from the DB stages. Make sure that you are using generated sql and not user-defined sql. If you are still not able to, then post the error messages.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Kris, i think prabu was just kidding as he was re-iterating newtons third law of physics. :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
prabu
Participant

Post by prabu »

DSguru2B wrote:Kris, i think prabu was just kidding as he was re-iterating newtons third law of physics. :wink:
good to see a serious response on this :wink: :wink: :lol:
the world of missing smiles :oops:

Every person in a state of uniform [rational] mind tends to remain in that state of mind unless an external  [b]nut case[/b] triggers him
:P :P
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Once again, Newtons second law, also known as law of intertia, or maybe, in your case, "law of distracted minds" :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

DSguru2B wrote:Once again, Newtons second law, also known as law of intertia, or maybe, in your case, "law of distracted minds" :wink:
Actually, it's the First law :wink:
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

O yea, thats true. The second one was F=ma. Thanks Kris. :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the reason that you can not create the table? What error code appears in the error/warning in the job log? For example, do you have appropriate permission in the database to create tables? Did the DROP TABLE statement fail (which would cause a CREATE TABLE statement to fail)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deepak.shanthamurthy
Participant

Post by deepak.shanthamurthy »

vijaya wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
RAGHU
Guess the UserName you are using to connect to the ODBC target does not have enough privileges to create tables in the db schema.
Check db privileges for this user
Deepak