Reg Contain Terminators

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balajimadhav
Participant

Reg Contain Terminators

Post by balajimadhav »

Hi All,

i have a source oracle stage and a piped sequential stage and a target oracle stage.i am getting error as "column missing". In data there are some special characters that causes such problem. hence i enabled the contain terminators then its working fine. Can any body explain how this option in data stage works.In online manuals it is given as "
Use this to specify how End of Record
(EOR) marks are treated in this column. Choose from:
Yes to specify that the data may include EOR marks and they
should not be treated as meaning end of record. For the final
column definition for a CSV file, the Yes option is disabled"

Can anybody explain about EOR marks.
Balaji.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If that special character creates the line to break, i.e., which creates a new line character, the rest of teh columns might not get data. And hence you got the error.
By specifing explictly, datastage will wait till the specified character is met.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It just means that line-feeds - hex 0A which are record terminators in UNIX - are treated as data instead if found in a column with that option enabled. Which is pretty much exactly what you quoted from the manual. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers