Data has been truncated

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivas_dsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data has been truncated

Post by srinivas_dsx »

I am wondering if anyone has come across this situation and if so any advice is appreciated.

Situation:
Datastagem: 7.5.1.A
Platform: Windows
Source: SQL server
Job:
ODBC ---> Transformer ---> Hash File

Recently I converted the Datastage from non-NLS to NLS (ie., reinstalled Datastage as NLS enabled). The source data is UTF-8, therefore, I enabled the NLS at the project level with UTF-8.

Problem:
After converting the field for the ODBC from varchar to nvarchar and char to nchar the Hash file is giving me all kinds of problems. I understand that it does not matter inside the datastage what format fields are and I only need to take care of field formats external to datastage. However, I keep getting log info messages whenever I add a particular column, the column is nchar with the field length of 2 and only values it contains are "NULL", "1", "N", "Y". Example of the message is as follows,

refSiebelS_ORG_EXT_X_HshS_ORG_EXT_XDW..xfmS_ORG_EXT_X.in: DSD.BCIGetNext call to SQLFetch returned informational message.
SQLSTATE=01004, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client]Data has been truncated

Appreciate any advice.

Srinivas
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

nvarchar or nchar takes twice the space that varchar or char does to store one character, is it an issue with the length, what happens when you increase it?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea:
"NULL" will not fit in Char(2)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.