ftp not retrieving all records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohanraj
Participant

ftp not retrieving all records

Post by mohanraj »

Hi to all

My source file is located on ftp and it contains 2 records.
My problem is my job is running fine ,but it is retrieving only one record. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem and how can solve it/

Thanks in advance

Mohan
mohanraj
Participant

Post by mohanraj »

hi

Now I checked with more number of records,but it is retrieving all records except the last record
what might be the reason? please help me out.

mohan
ArndW
Participant

Re: ftp not retrieving all records

Post by ArndW »

mohanraj wrote:...My source file is located on ftp...
I'm not sure what that means. Does this mean you are using an FTP stage to read your source file? If the last record then it might be because of a missing terminator. What settings are you using?
mohanraj
Participant

Post by mohanraj »

Hi arndW

What you thought is right.My job is as follows

FTP------->Transformer------------>OCI

My problem is the source file contains n records,but my FTP stage is retrieving only n-1 records.What shall I have to do so that I will retrieve all the n records.

Thanks in advance
Mohan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What have you specified in your FTP stage? Is your file fixed width or delimited? What is your final delimiter set to (n.b. it is missing in the file, if you add a <CR> to the source file it will probably go through without a problem)
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

ArndW wrote:What have you specified in your FTP stage? Is your file fixed width or delimited? What is your final delimiter set to (n.b. it is missing in the file, if you add a <CR> to the source file it will probably go through without a problem)
Here the file is delimited with comma, Line termination is [CR][LF] (DOS Style Termination)
With regards,
Xpert
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

(Are both Xpert and Mohanraj working the same problem?)
Does adding a <cr><lf> to the source file fix the problem?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the final line in the file properly terminated?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

Xpert wrote:
ArndW wrote:What have you specified in your FTP stage? Is your file fixed width or delimited? What is your final delimiter set to (n.b. it is missing in the file, if you add a <CR> to the source file it will probably go through without a problem)
Here the file is delimited with comma, Line termination is [CR][LF] (DOS Style Termination)
I got the answer, thnx a lot.....
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then share it. That's what makes DSXchange the incredibly useful facility that it is.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.