create user on server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psv
Participant

create user on server

Post by psv »

How to create a datastage user on server.JUst the same way we do in Administrator.Is there any command,how can we create user.
I don't want to use Administrator client tool.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

First of all you need a unix id, that can access the DataStage server. Your unix admin can take care of that. Then you need to add that to the DataStage group. Even that only the admin can do that.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
psv
Participant

Post by psv »

[quote="DSguru2B"]First of all you need a unix id, that can access the DataStage server. Your unix admin can take care of that. Then you need to add that to the DataStage group. Even that only the admin can do that.[/quote]

I didnot get .Could you please elaborate.

Well using dssh i can connect to project on the Datastage server.Whether i can create a user or project there..
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

There is no process of creating Datastage user as such. Datastage is invoked by the Operating system user id. All you can do is, you can set the permission in the datastage for each user of group.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no such thing as a DataStage user. DataStage relies upon operating system authentication.

You can edit DataStage roles on the server by editing the .*.adm hidden files in a project. Each contains a list of UNIX group names.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.