Stop Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Stop Job

Post by edward_m »

All,

My job has been running for a while, so i stopped that job using DS director,it sends a request to server..but still its running.
Please suggest me is there any other way to stop running job except director.

Thanks in Advance..
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You need to know if the job threads are still active, because the status hasn't changed on the Director screen. Telnet to the DS server and login. Use DS.TOOLS to check the processes in a job and see if any are listed. These will have to be killed if the job doesn't die using Director. Then, you'll need to use Director to clear the status of the job.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
urshit_1983
Participant

Post by urshit_1983 »

kcbland can you throw some more light on DS.TOOLS ? Like after login what has to be done exactly and what commands to give to kill a particular job?
"Nobody is expert in Everything,
But Everybody is expert in Something."
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
We should login to Adminstrator first.If you are able login(mean if you have permissions), go "command line" give the DSEngine directory path (home directoy).Enter ../dsenv next enter bin/uv ,next LOGTO ,next LIST.READU EVERY,next ACTIVE Recors Locks(here you will find jobs) LOGTO UV and DS.UNLOCK NODE.
And we have many posts discussed on this.
urshit_1983 wrote:kcbland can you throw some more light on DS.TOOLS ? Like after login what has to be done exactly and what commands to give to kill a particular job?
edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by edward_m »

kcbland wrote:You need to know if the job threads are still active, because the status hasn't changed on the Director screen. Telnet to the DS server and login. Use DS.TOOLS to check the processes in a job and see if any are listed. These will have to be killed if the job doesn't die using Director. Then, you'll need to use Director to clear the status of the job.
Please explain me in detail..i.e
Where do i run the DS.TOOLS command and how to kill the listed processes on windows.
dprasanth
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dprasanth »

edward_m wrote:
kcbland wrote:You need to know if the job threads are still active, because the status hasn't changed on the Director screen. Telnet to the DS server and login. Use DS.TOOLS to check the processes in a job and see if any are listed. These will have to be killed if the job doesn't die using Director. Then, you'll need to use Director to clear the status of the job.
Please explain me in detail..i.e
Where do i run the DS.TOOLS command and how to kill the listed processes on windows.
Check this
viewtopic.php?t=99942&highlight=DS.TOOLS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Most of what can be done in DS.TOOLS can also be done in Director client Tools > Cleanup Resources. This needs to have been enabled from the DataStage Administrator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.