RowProcGetPreviousValue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sylvan_rydes
Participant

RowProcGetPreviousValue

Post by sylvan_rydes »

Hi All,

I am using the above routine for my job. But I can't use it for more than one entity. It causes problems. I need to store almost 5 entities this way.

Or I need to use something else. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvan Rydes
sylvan rydes
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need either to adapt the code, or to use five pairs of stage variables. The code was only written to remember one value. The change would not be difficult.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Hi,

Better to use stage variable instead of routine.... Or modify routine to take five agrument.. one routine you cannot use because it uses common storage area..

Thanks,
Anupam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:!:
COMMON storage is not an obstacle for routines used in server jobs.

This misconception seems to have arisen because use of variables declared to be COMMON will prevent a server job that uses them from being encapsulated in a shared container and used in a parallel job. That is all.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.