DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO):Cannot open database requested

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

antojj
Participant

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO):Cannot open database requested

Post by antojj »

Hi All,

I am querying from SQL server database using the ODBC stage.
The query is just selecting a single column from the source table.

I have created a ODBC Connection string in the DS Server. I have a user name / pwd for the same. I validated the test connection in the Server.

When entering the "Data Source Name", "username", "Password" in the ODBC stage and clicking the "Get SQL Info" button throws an error as follows:
DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('DSMISSqlSvr','MISCENTRALINTEGRATION')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=37000,CODE=4060,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'MIS'. Login fails.
Not sure how this is happening.

If anyone has any thoughts please share.

Have to do a delivery by today.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All of the square bracketed fields at the beginning of the message demonstrate that the ODBC driver was, in fact, able to connect to SQL Server. At that point, "Login fails." indicates that your credentials were not correct. Check that they are correct in DataStage, check that that user exists in SQL Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antojj
Participant

Post by antojj »

The ODBC driver is correct and still i am able to connect from the Sql Server Query Analyzer.

The point here i noticed is i changed the driver from
"Ascential SQL Server Wire Protocol" to "Sql Server".

It is working fine now.

Not sure what is happening in the driver???
Is there any change that distinguishes the driver?

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's really annoying that the Ascential applications now seem to insist upon the Ascential-supplied ODBC drivers being used, and resist the use of other ODBC drivers even those that are ODBC 3.0 compliant. C'mon, guys, isn't ODBC a STANDARD?!! If you try to use the Ascential-supplied drivers from any other application, you'll get an error message explaining that they are only licensed for use with Ascential clients, which ultimately means you need two DSNs for each data source. Sheesh!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hexa
Participant

Post by hexa »

Hi,

I am also phasing same issues..

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('DSMISSqlSvr','MISCENTRALINTEGRATION')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=37000,CODE=4060,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'MIS'. Login fails.

I tried changing Driver SQL Server also but its not working...

Pls. help me in this out..

thanks lot

Hexa