DataStage 7.5.1A client installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psv
Participant

DataStage 7.5.1A client installation

Post by psv »

I am trying to install DS client tool.I have two authorization code.One for Designer and second for Director.
However the installation wizard asks for one code.It does not accept either of this code.I am confused.
Is there only one license/authorization code for installing client tools or separate code for separate product like Designer and Director.
Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use the Designer one - the one that ends with DSDES. It allows full access to the client tools while the 'Director' one is restrictive and only for Operators.

It will accept either as long as they are input correctly - all pieces: serial number (including the -DSDES part), User Limit, Expiration Date and Auth Code. Make sure you are matching case in the Auth Code, not mixing up letters and numbers and (if pasting from an email) you haven't accidentally included a space or two at the end...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

A Question: We had a trial license[xxxxx-DSDES] that expired a while ago and now have a different license[yyyyy-DSDES]. How do I update the Client License ? I guess I don't need to re-install the Client Components again w/ the new License details. But at the same time, it isn't allowing to upgrade/update the new licensing details..>Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Vijay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

vijayrc wrote:I guess I don't need to re-install the Client Components again w/ the new License details.
Actually, that's exactly what you need to do.
-craig

vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

chulett wrote:
vijayrc wrote:I guess I don't need to re-install the Client Components again w/ the new License details.
Actually, that's exactly what you need to do.
But I'm getting error when trying to update Client License details..[Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=33); check DataStage is set up correctly in project UV (Unable to load subroutine on host (30105))]
Colleague re-installed and it works fine..!! So where am I going wrong ??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I didn't say for you to try to 'update Client License details'. I believe you'll need to reinstall the client software from the original media, during which you'll supply the new credentials you have. Just install it right over your current installation, you won't lose any customizations you've made.

Or are you saying you did that and you get this error when attempting to connect to the server? :?
-craig

vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

chulett wrote:I didn't say for you to try to 'update Client License details'. I believe you'll need to reinstall the client software from the original media, during which you'll supply the new credentials you have. Just install it right over your current installation, you won't lose any customizations you've made.

Or are you saying you did that and you get this error when attempting to connect to the server? :?
Thanks..I misunderstood your answer...Re-install w/ latest details would help. But the reason I questioned, is that I remember having read in the manual, that there's no need to re-install, for license updates..!!
Anyhow Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

vijayrc wrote:But the reason I questioned, is that I remember having read in the manual, that there's no need to re-install, for license updates..!!
That's true under normal circumstances. However, you are in a situation where your trial key has expired, so that's why I suggested the client reinstall. That should always work.

Use the 'upgrade' functionality when next you find yourself upgrading your (non-expired) license. :wink:
-craig

psv
Participant

Post by psv »

[quote="chulett"]Use the [b]Designer[/b] one - the one that ends with DSDES. It allows full access to the client tools while the 'Director' one is restrictive and only for Operators.

It will accept either as long as they are input correctly - all pieces: serial number (including the -DSDES part), User Limit, Expiration Date and Auth Code. Make sure you are matching case in the Auth Code, not mixing up letters and numbers and (if pasting from an email) you haven't accidentally included a space or two at the end...[/quote]

Thanks a lot chulett. I had entered serial number withourt "-DSDES" .Now it's working and have successfully installed the client tool.