Importing table Definition from AS400 DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Saravanan
Participant

Post by Saravanan »

This topic has been split off of the following post:
viewtopic.php?p=188256
thumsup9 wrote:I just got a breakthrough. I had a connection open to AS400 which was not killed and I was trying to view the data again and again which made it worse. I had to close my DataStage client and then kill all the connections I had to AS400 and then try and it worked.

Thanks,

Hi,

We have same scenario. We are having DB2 on AS/400 as a source. I understand that we need to create DSN entry in ODBC.ini and uvodbc.config file. Then bind the DSN using bind20 . But when we tried inporting the table definition in Datastage ODBC stage, it is hanging.

Coudl you please let me know the parameters that you have entered in the files.
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

Our OS is Windows. I am assuming yours is on Unix and im not sure about what all are needed in ODBC.ini . May be you need to browse through the forum for some really useful tips.

http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=93 ... 1c434fbdc9

HTH
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Saravanan,
If DSN entry in ODBC.ini and uvodbc.config files and bind20 defined correctly, then the only reason still "hang" is too many tables. Do you know how many are there, 50,000 or more?
I just talked to IBM support this morning and was told to filter the tables that you need.