[CLI Driver]CLI0125E Function sequence error.SQLSTATE=HY010

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

holymac
Participant

[CLI Driver]CLI0125E Function sequence error.SQLSTATE=HY010

Post by holymac »

Dear All,

I am facing an issue with my ETL job and the details are as follows:

The job is retrieving data from DB2 table and writing to a hash file. There is 3 links which executes 3 different SELECT query from 3 diff tables and writes to 3 different hash files.

Scenario:
2 of the links manage to finish but the last one keeps on waiting and then aborts. There are few other diff jobs running parallely with this jobs.

Error Logs:

BTR31VDDSBTM02..SG_SRC_X_AR_2.IDENT3: SQLFetch: Error retrieving results from server.

BTR31VDDSBTM02..SG_SRC_X_AR_2.IDENT3: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kalyana
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Can you get it working by having separate stages for the three queries?
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
holymac
Participant

Post by holymac »

loveojha2 wrote:Can you get it working by having separate stages for the three queries?
I am testing this one currently.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do a reset on the aborted job. You may find some usefull information on "From Previous run" log.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

BTR31VDDSBTM02..SG_SRC_X_AR_2.IDENT3: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010
We have the same issue at our client site, we get that for the jobs which have both odbc and db2 enterprise stages(db2 on remote server).
This is a bug in Datastage, we contacted IBM support for this they even sent us a patch which worked fine for about a week and now we are back to the same error message.
Here is the solution sent by IBM
set the environment variable OSH_PRELOAD_LIBS to orchodbc:orchdb2op8.
After setting this we still get that error in the log but the job runs just fine.
Just so you know I am not sure if this solution is valid in your case.
Oops Just realised the post is in server forum. I got this problem in parallel environment dont know if it matters.
IHTH
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson