Export schedules

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Juls
Participant

Export schedules

Post by Juls »

HI,

My project is corrupted to a point that a REINDEX does not help and DS support tried every command possible to help, but without a result.

So I decided to maybe create a new project and import all the good jobs in.
I have a lot of schedules for different jobs in this project and do not really want to manually recreate them in new project.

Is there a way to save the schedule and then copy into new project? Maybe some DS internal file?....

Thanks,
Juls
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi

If you are working on a Windows server, you can see all your scheduled tasks in the windows control panel --> Scheduled tasks

I guess you can find them all somwhere in the registry :roll:

HTH,
Amos
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

All your schedules are stored using ControlM scheduling utitlity.
You will need to do a little research to find how and where the schedules are stored in unix.
Or someone might know the solution here.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DSguru2B wrote:All your schedules are stored using ControlM scheduling utitlity.
And you know this how? :?

UNIX 'schedules' - assuming standard Director scheduling - are stored in the crontab of the scheduling user for recurring jobs. However, seeing as how the OP is on Windows, that doesn't really help all that much.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Juls
Participant

Post by Juls »

I thought tthat schedules are stored somewhere in DS files like it stores environment variables and list of jobs, etc...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, they are stored in whatever mechanism is doing the scheduling - cron, at, Control-M, etc. DataStage has no scheduler built in, only an interface to the external schedulers of choice: cron/at on UNIX and at in Windows. So, depending on your scheduler and O/S it would just be a matter of educating it that your jobs live in a new project now.

I'm sure people would pony up more specific advice if you confirmed what scheduler you were using...
-craig

Juls
Participant

Post by Juls »

I am running on Windows and using AT scheduler.

What if I delete my current project and create a new one with the same name, import the jobs. Would the schedules still be valid? or will they be deleted from AT when I delete project?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They should still be fine, I would think. Don't know with 100% certainty as I'm not running a Windows server, but...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They will still be in the AT scheduler (open a CMD shell and execute the AT command alone in order to see them). However, they are probably still pointing at the old project, so may not work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Juls is planning on deleting the problem project and recreating it with the same name. In that case, it sounds like they will be fine.
-craig