handle exceptions and continue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

handle exceptions and continue

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Hi,

I want to write a sequencer which ivokes a exception handler when a job fails and continues to run the next job.

setting trigger to uncoditional in job1 is of no help as once the control moves to exceptional handler it doesnot goto job 2
sri1dhar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sri1dhar »

I don't think its possible with the global exception handler. You will have to explicitly handle the errors and continue to the next job. i.e. on the job activity trigger expression type = Unconditional, you will need to handle the exception using a routine or execute command activity and then continue to the next job or activity from there.

You need repeat this after every job activity.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might want to, but it can't be done, as was observed. In your case, you can have a second trigger from each job activity to handle reporting of the problem (use a custom trigger, Activity.$JobStatus <> DSJS.RUNOK).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly the same answers as you already got in your other post. :roll:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers