Need information on resizing dynamic hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vijay_pandey
Participant

Need information on resizing dynamic hash file

Post by Vijay_pandey »

Hi All,
I searched the syntax of the resize hash file.

RESIZE hash_filename 18 3937501 1 64BIT

I want the information on all the individual options of the resize command. i.e. 18 3937501 1
And which option specifies the file as Dynamic and what option is for Static.

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The first numeric argument is the file type. 30 is dynamic, 2-18 are static.

The second numeric argument is minimum modulus for dynamic, and modulus for static.

The third numeric argument is group size, and must be 4 or 8 for dynamic hashed files.

Why do you believe you need to RESIZE dynamic hashed files? They do it themselves as they are populated. If you are just changing to 64-bit addressing, use this form.

Code: Select all

RESIZE hashedfile * * * 64BIT USING /usr/temp
Each asterisk means "leave this argument at its current value". The USING clause means "build the temporary file in this (other) file system" which can give better performance (two I/O channels) and easier failure recovery.

You require exclusive access to the hashed file to perform a RESIZE command unless you specify the CONCURRENT keyword on the command line. In that case the USING pathname must be 128 characters or shorter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vijay_pandey
Participant

Post by Vijay_pandey »

Thanks a lot Ray.
I want to just change to 64-bit addressing and when I issue the command RESIZE hashedfile * * * 64BIT USING /usr/temp

It takes a lot of time.... I tested it on my laptop with the hashfile only containing 6-7 records... The Datastage Administrator freezes with NEXT/Abort/Respond tabs greyed out....And it is not responding

What could be the reason for that?

Thanks again...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No idea. Try it from a telnet connection.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.