not a valid load module:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lindies
Participant

not a valid load module:

Post by Lindies »

Product: Datastage
Version: 7.5
OS: HP-UX tcenh149 B.11.11 U 9000/800 3530963663 unlimited-user license
Error description:
When loading data from Datastage into oracle using the bulk loader, the following error occurs:
BIL_PAY_MEANS3010..AfterJob (BulkLoad): CMD Output = /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: '/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/hotspot/libjvm.sl' is not a valid load module:

Bad magic number SH: 294 Killed.

This was a new installation

I checked for this error,i cant find anything,please help.Any idea?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Change your shared library search path (SHLIB_PATH) so that the 32-bit Oracle libraries appear ahead of the 64-bit Oracle libraries. Search the forum for details of the library names, or ask your DBA.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

Thanks - I have a workaround.

As a workaround I added the following...
SHLIB_PATH=/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
to the profile of the user - and I can use the bulk loader now...

To confirm
If this is set in the dsenv file which is the case, why doesnt it get "picked" up in the path ?
Could the reason be that when it finds the 64 bit libraries it doesnt conti nue looking for 32 bit.The job fails immediately?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As soon as it finds a function of the name for which it is searching it stops looking. That's why you need to have the 32-bit libraries first for DataStage processes, since DataStage (except on a very few platforms) is a 32-bit application.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

BIuser wrote:Could the reason be that when it finds the 64 bit libraries it doesnt continue looking for 32 bit.
Just to beat this to death, the "it" that Ray mentioned is not DataStage per se but any application on the planet. Any kind of search path, like PATH or SHLIB_PATH needs to be properly ordered so the application finds the appropriate object first as it won't keep on looking once it has found something.

If you went looking for your keys and then found them, would you keep looking to see if you could find a better set of keys? :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers