Login on personnel desktop

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yalamanchili
Participant

Login on personnel desktop

Post by yalamanchili »

Hi All,

I have installed Data Stage in laptop which is not connected to lan and not having internet connection. Both Server and Client are installed on windows Xp OS.

when logging into Administrator it is giving error not able to connect to local host.

While Logging in i am using computer name as host name and username and password i am omiting by checking omit check box.

Can anyone assist me how to login.

Waiting for your replies.
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

While Logging in i am using computer name as host name and username and password i am omiting by checking omit check box.
Specify username and password and then try logging in, it should work for you.
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I usually end up using "localhost" for the server address instead of the name - plus logging in with a userid and a password.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may find that your network card needs to be active. Even being connected to a wireless network will suffice.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check the ipconfig from command prompt.
You can use the same ip which is obtained, most probably the loop back address 127.0.0.1 will work out.
By chance if you get Windows IP Configuratrion', you need to check the NIC installaion or upgrade.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
yalamanchili
Participant

Post by yalamanchili »

Hi Friends,

I have Given Computer Name in host place and for username and password, i have given os username and password.

Now it was working fine without any LAN connection.

Thank You for your valuable suggestions.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

LAN connection is not required if you server and client is installed in the same machine, but the resquested is installaion of LAN card.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'