Removing Junkdata from messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sateeshbabu
Participant

Removing Junkdata from messages

Post by sateeshbabu »

Hi,

We are using Mqdaptor for reading messages from Queue.If we are sending messages into queue my ETL jobs are able to read those messages.But the client sending messages is not able to reda by ETL jobs bcause the client sending in different format.

For removing those junkdata i created routine.That routine is able to trim but only single messages.But i hve read hole file contains lot of messages.

Please give some suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Sateesh
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
first it would help to know are you looking for a Server job soution or a Parallel one? (you did post in the Parallel forum with Server job type :? )

After we know what solution are you looking for we might be able to give you a sound solution :)
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Specifications, specifications, specifications!

If you specify what is a "good" message, you can create a filter that only passes these. The remainder may be discarded or captured at your pleasure.

It may also be possible to perform some filtering in the queue manager (or maybe even the object authority manager) itself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.