Import hashed file definitions when saved in directory path

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eldonp
Participant

Import hashed file definitions when saved in directory path

Post by eldonp »

Is there a way to import hashed file difinitions when it is not saved in the Account name, rather in a directory path? This can be done simply with flat files....... I know that you can save the definition in the job where the hashed file is created. I'm looking for a shorter, quicker way.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The DDL or DICTionary for hashed files is usually stored in a file called D_{HashedFileName}. In order for this dictionary to be associated with the hashed file you will need to make reference to it in the local VOC file and refer to the file using that reference. In addition, oftentimes there is no DICT associated with a pathed file.
The easiest solution in your case is to export the DDL into the DataStage repository from the job where the file is accessed.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I agree. Saving it from the job is actually the quickest way. Otherwise, as Arnd mentioned, you need to create a VOC entry for each and everyone of them to be able to inport it as Universe file definition.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for a command called SETFILE for creating the VOC pointer.

Chuck Smith (search again) also has a utility available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.