Modifying proteted jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eldonp
Participant

Modifying proteted jobs

Post by eldonp »

There is a requirement to start up a Datastage project that was exported and deleted. We've re-imported the jobs no but can't do anything (cannot edit, compile, save, etc.) as they have somehow been protected.

I don't know how protection works in DS, nor how to work around the problem and get the project running again. Any ideas?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I am assuming that this new project was not created or flagged by the administrator as "protected".

If you loaded your jobs into the project using a .dsx export file then I would recommend going into that file with an editor and looking for lines that read

Code: Select all

Readonly "1"
and changing them to

Code: Select all

Readonly "0"
. Note that you should not do this for builtin routines if they are contained in your file.

The other method that you can use is to modify the tags directly in the repository tables, but that requires a bit of knowledge and is more dangerous than a global replace in a .dsx export file.
ashwin141
Participant

Modifying proteted jobs

Post by ashwin141 »

First check if the project is a protected one, this you can check in Administrator client.
Administrator or root user can unprotect a protected project. You can do this and then make the changes.

Regards
Ashwin
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Re: Modifying proteted jobs

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

ashwin141 wrote:First check if the project is a protected one, this you can check in Administrator client.
Administrator or root user can unprotect a protected project. You can do this and then make the changes.

Regards
Ashwin

Ashwin ,

Protected project only protect jobs design , we can perform tasks that affect the way a job runs , like complie, set job properties ... and question ask is "We've re-imported the jobs no but can't do anything (cannot edit, compile, save, etc.)"

Thanks,
Anupam
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I guess protedted project wont alow you to compile by normal user.
The other option is to update DS_JOBOBJECTS and update the READONLY flag as NRO. Which is what refered by Arnd as dangerous.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'