Stored proc called from Oracle 10g db using Oracle 8i stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shyju
Participant

Stored proc called from Oracle 10g db using Oracle 8i stage

Post by shyju »

Hi All,

I created a job where I have to call a stored procedure from Oracle 10g database using Oracle 8i stage. The result of the stored procedure is stored in two tables A and B. In the Oracle 8i stage, I call the stored procedure under sql -> before and then under Query, select few columns from table A and store it in a sequential file. While doing so, I get the following error:

"ORA-01821: date format not recognized"

I would like to know whether there is any problem created when a stored procedure is called from Oracle 10g database while the stage used in DataStage is Oracle 8i.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Does your version have Oracle9i stage?
Oracle 9i is teh compatable version for 10g. Advisable as well.
Do you extract any date field from the tables, was it in proper format?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

When you are inserting the dates, what format code are you using? Doing a google on the error code reveals that others got this error when invalid date code was used.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Where exactly was this error generated? By the SP or when you 'select few columns from tables A and B' after that? Are you using User-defined sql? If so, post it and your datatypes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers