Problem with performance

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

khanparwaz
Participant

Problem with performance

Post by khanparwaz »

Hi ,

I have a source ora stage & a lookup of hash file & writing output into a hash again , my source is have millions of record but out of tht i just wanna pick 100 of rec which are present in hash lookup ,prolem is tht even after writing that 100 rec into target it keeps on searching of that 100 frc in source which is not correct because its takes time , can any one suggest me a way where i can join data from values in hash , i mean it should be like equi join of oracle.

Thanks in advance.
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Re: Problem with performance

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

I'd try to do the lookup the other way round: Take the 100 records as input and do the lookup into the big table directly (I hope it has an index on the keys).

In this case this should be much faster and end after the 100 rows are processsed...

Best regards

Klaus
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not a "problem with performance" - it's a "problem with design".

Follow the suggestion that Klaus made and be pleasantly surprised - you are not unnecessarily processing (millions - 100) rows.

The secret of success in any performance tuning in computers is to avoid doing unnecessary work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.