Connection to Pervasive database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eldonp
Participant

Connection to Pervasive database

Post by eldonp »

Were running Datastage AIX. I need to extract from a Pervasive database. Whats the best way to connect? So far, we've used ODBC on other sources but I havnt found an ODBC driver for Unix yet.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

None that I know of; even DirecConnect only supports it on Windoze.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I think you need to get in touch with Ascential support. There are other connectors available. Some unix based apps too. But never got a chance to work with it. Your best bet, try getting in touch with support.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Pervasive? That's a new one on me... I thought you meant one that 'has the quality or tendency to pervade or permeate'. :shock:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does Pervasive have the ability to dump its tables in text-file formats? If so you could script that, run the script from DataStage, then process the text file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.