Unable to export DS Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

puli.reddy
Participant

Unable to export DS Project

Post by puli.reddy »

Hi All,

When I tried to export data stage server jobs in particular category using manager, it gives error as follows..

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=7); check DataStage is set up correctly in project MISOVS2
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

But it allows to export entire project.

Can anyone advise on this please!
Thnaks and Regards,
AnjiReddy.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your project might be corrupted. First thing is to make a UNIX backup of the project directory immediately if you haven't done that already.

Try executing the TCL command "COUNT DS_JOBS" from a shell if you know how to do that, or as a command from the DataStage Administrator. If you get a number then that is a good thing; if you get an error message please post that here for further steps. You should also try a "COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS" if the DS_JOBS file had no errors.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Proceed with the suggestions given by Arnd, And if you manage to import the exported dsx sucessfully into another project, try to do REINDEX for DS_JOBS of the current project. This might also help.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

More likely would be a need to re-index DS_JOBOBJECTS. Best is to re-index ALL. You need exclusive access to the project to run DS.REINDEX successfully.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
puli.reddy
Participant

Post by puli.reddy »

ArndW wrote:Your project might be corrupted. First thing is to make a UNIX backup of the project directory immediately if you haven't done that already.

Try executing the TCL command "COUNT DS_JOBS" from a shell if you know how to do that, or as a command from the DataStage Administrator. If you get a number then that is a good thing; if you get an error message please post that here for further steps. You should also try a "COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS" if the DS_JOBS file had no errors.
Hi Arnd,

I executed the above two commands successfully as you suggested. Do I need to proceed with reindexing after importing the dsx file into another project. Why shouldn't I rendex the jobs in current project without importing the dsx file.
Thnaks and Regards,
AnjiReddy.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your subject was "unable to export", not import. Re-indexing the Repository database makes the export utility more likely to be able to find all the components. To import a successfully exported project into a different project ought not to require any re-indexing, unless that project also had a corrupted Repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The fact that those two main files seem to be OK and not corrupted is a good thing! Go ahead and do the DS.TOOLS reindex when nobody else is in DataStage and chances are very good that your error will disappear.