setup -ds users

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxlearn
Participant

setup -ds users

Post by pxlearn »

Dear folks,

I wanted to create user which can have the operator previlege(Director) , As per datastage manual i created user and assigned him the role as Datastage Operator from Administrator ,but still he can able to edit the contents of the job and compile the jobs.

Could anybody help in this regard ...
Thanks ,
Pxlearn
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I think there is more to it then that. Look into your DataStage Director guide in dsbooks. It mentions over there that it depends upon what edition of DataStage you have purchased. If its developer's edition then you can do everything, from design and develop to run and compile and even delete :shock:
Where as in operator's edition there are some restraints. Look into it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Roles are assigned to groups, not to individuals. Please check your work. If you have properly assigned the DataStage Operator role, and that individual is not in a group to which the DataStage Developer role is allocated, then that individual will not be able to open jobs in Designer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pxlearn
Participant

Post by pxlearn »

ray.wurlod wrote:Roles are assigned to groups, not to individuals. Please check your work. If you have properly assigned the DataStage Operator role, and that individual is not in a group to which the DataStage Devel ...
Thanks Ray for the responce
I did the same thing but the issue is now i can open the director with operator previlege i can see the job folders but i clik the folder not able see the contents(jobs) of the folder on the right pane.

Please advice me how can i view the jobs/ run the jobs/view the log ??
Thanks ,
Pxlearn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the manual about the Operator role. It can only see/run released jobs, and can not view all log entries unless this is explicitly enabled in the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check the option avaialble in Permission tab "DataStage operator can view full log" in DS Adminstrator client.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'