multiple records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adams06
Participant

multiple records

Post by adams06 »

Hi All,

I am concatenating three fields say x,y,z
if length of x,y,z is greater than say 10 bytes, then create multiple records with 10 bytes in each record.

can some one let me how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well there are several ways. Try using the search facility as well. Try thispost as well.
Also, you need to provide more info, is the conditional operand suppose to be and, or ,either or with the lengths of x,y,z.
To split a row into mulitple rows has been discussed here a lot. Like say for eg: in your recent post
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
adams06
Participant

length

Post by adams06 »

Hi DSguru,

The conditional operator is and here.

Thanks
DSguru2B wrote:Well there are several ways. Try using the search facility as well. Try thispost as well.
Also, you need to provide more info, is the conditional operand suppose to be and, or ,either or with the lengths of x,y,z.
To split a row into mulitple rows has been discussed here a lot. Like say for eg: in your recent post
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

As advised earlier, go through the posts i have referenced. If still your not able to do it then give the number of columns coming in from your input file and how it should be transformed, with sample data (before and after) to help us advise a solution without much exchange of posts in understanding the requirement.
Regards,
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.