Not able to connect to the server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krsriraman
Participant

Not able to connect to the server

Post by krsriraman »

Hi,

I have installed Datastage server as well as client in a Windows XP with SP2 machine. The DS server services have been started.

But, using the client I am not able to connect to the server.

I am getting a 'Connection refused or RPC daemon not running' error.

Also I notice that ds_start.bat and ds_stop.dat is missing from the Datastage engine folder. (It has not been installed).

Please help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the error message again. Check that the DataStage RPC service is running (use the DataStage or Services applet in Control Panel).
If the services aren't running, start them.

How are you logging in - using user ID and password (TCP/IP) or checking the Omit box (LAN Manager)? Try the other method. Also try using a qualified user ID - machine\user or domain\user. If none of these works, try connecting to the server from a telnet client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krsriraman
Participant

Post by krsriraman »

ray.wurlod wrote:Read the error message again. Check that the DataStage RPC service is running (use the DataStage or Services applet in Control Panel).
If the services aren't running, start them.

How are you lo ...
There is no DataStage RPC Service as such listed in the services applet. There is a DataStage Engine Resource Service, which is already started and running.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ray suggested using alternate login methods, have you tried that? I usually will use "localhost" as a check as well and use a userid/password and then click on the drop-down box to see if I get a list of projects.
krsriraman
Participant

Post by krsriraman »

Well... I am not a premium member..?
rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rwierdsm »

krsriraman wrote:Well... I am not a premium member..?
I realize all the limitations that can prevent your becoming a premium member, however, it is worth it! If 'They' will not pay, you should seriously consider looking to your own resources...

Rob
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com