Reading Control M log file from Datastage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Veni
Participant

Reading Control M log file from Datastage.

Post by Veni »

Hi,

all datastage jobs are scheduled using control m. i want to get the each control m group completion time . how can i get it , i want to do automatic process , is it possible throw datastage can i access this control m log file?

can any one have idea about this,

thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you have access to the Ctrl-M server? Any idea how the logs are actually stored? Talk to your Ctrl-M peoples...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Your schedualer rund DS jobs that means you can monitor the DS jobs or log their runs and get all the info you need.

Otherwise you'll need to get the info (not likely you'll get access to the log file, but you can try)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you can describe the format of the Control-M log file in metadata terms, you can process it with DataStage. If it has a variable record format you still may be able to do so. You will also need to be able to specify its location to the DataStage job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.