Datastage OCI Plugin Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fk4u
Participant

Datastage OCI Plugin Error

Post by fk4u »

AOA,
We have installed Datastage server ver 7x on AIX. When i try to import any metadata it prompt me following error: " Unable to initialize Plugin"

At the same time when i click viewdata button in OracleOCI plugin it give me following error: "ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen"

I have full rights at OS level, full right on datastage directory, I have login through administrator ans still facing the same problem.

Let me clarify once more. I have Oracle 10g Release 2 database server installed on the same AIX 5.3 server where Datastage server is installed. Oracle was installed first. After reading the installation doc, I have modified the $DSHOME/dsenv file and specified values for ORACLE_HOME,ORACLE_SID and LIBPATH. Now the enviornment for dsadm user looks like:

$ env
_=/usr/bin/env
LANG=en_US
LOGIN=dsadm
APT_ORCHHOME=
PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/u01/app/datastage/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.
LC__FASTMSG=true
LOGNAME=dsadm
MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/dsadm
ORACLE_SID=pakedwt
LOCPATH=/usr/lib/nls/loc
USER=dsadm
AUTHSTATE=files
UDTHOME=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/ud41
SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh
DSHOME=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine
ODMDIR=/etc/objrepos
UDTBIN=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/ud41/bin
ODBCINI=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/.odbc.ini
HOME=/u01/app/datastage
TERM=xterm
MAILMSG=[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/102
PWD=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine
TZ=CST6CDT
A__z=! LOGNAME
LIBPATH=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:
/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/classic:
/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin::/u01/app/oracle/102/lib:/u01/app/oracle/102/rdbms/lib
NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat

I restarted the Datastage server as well but still get the same error. I have also verified that plugins for oracle9i have been installed. Infact all the available plugins are installed in my datastage installation.

Note: No oracle client has been installed on the server As I already have Oracle database server, which provides all the shared libraries required by Datastage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is your Oracle 'lib' 64bit? You need to specify the lib32 equivalents of those paths in your LIBPATH settings if they exist.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
fk4u
Participant

Post by fk4u »

Oracle 10g is 64 bit so i have changed the libpath accordingly and restarted the DS server but still facing same issue.

LIBPATH=/u01/app/oracle/102/lib32:/u01/app/oracle/102/rdbms/lib:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/classic:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Datastage OCI Plugin Error

Post by chulett »

fk4u wrote:Note: No oracle client has been installed on the server As I already have Oracle database server, which provides all the shared libraries required by Datastage.
This statement concerned me but I wanted to get past the whole 64bit/32bit thing first. :?

It is actually the client that provides the connectivity to any Oracle database that the stages need, so you will must install that as well if what you say about not having it is actually true.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
fk4u
Participant

Post by fk4u »

Thanx>
Now every thing seems to be ok. now i can logon...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A good way to remember is that, as far as the database server is concerned, a DataStage job is just another client application. Therefore it (DataStage) needs to have the client software installed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

HI ,

I am having still this problem , can you pl tell us , how you resolve

kindly reply

Regard

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
arunverma
Participant

Unable to Initialize Oracle Plug IN

Post by arunverma »

Dear Mr. Ray

I having the same problem , I have installed DS 7.1 on Unix with Oracle client 10G , I have configured Oracle Home path and LIB in dsenv , but still I am unable to connect oracle plug in , pl help ,

Regards

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you make sure that the Oracle 32-bit libraries are referenced ahead of the Oracle 64-bit libraries in the shared library search path used by DataStage processes - that is, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH) environment variable set in the dsenv script?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.