Getting DataStage Job Names and Category

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ririr
Participant

Getting DataStage Job Names and Category

Post by ririr »

I tried TCL run the following in Command Stage. But it is throwing verb not in VOC.

"COMO ON \\Server\directory\JobNames.txt, LIST DS_JOBS COMO OFF".

I am trying to load DS job names into a file.

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

use the universe stage with dsn localuv, and run the following sql

Code: Select all

select Name from DS_JOBS
You can save it in a file. For categories, look for //<category>//<subcategory>. This way you can get both job names and category names.
Regards,
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

select NAME, CATEGORY from DS_JOBS;
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

COMO ON can not take a pathname. It only takes a simple file name, and creates this file in the &COMO& directory in your project.

If you want to use a different location you might like to investigate the DIVERT.OUT command as an alternative but even then you will need to create a file pointer to the directory where you want to create the file.

You could also use SETPTR to specify a "print to disk" channel (mode 3) and use that channel number with the LPTR keyword in your query. In this case the file is written in the &HOLD& directory in the project. The file name is specified by the BANNER option of SETPTR command.

To execute multiple commands, they need to be delimited. You have three commands but only two delimiters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

Thank you much all for all your replies. I will try both options.