Client Connection Error.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

syg1111
Participant

Client Connection Error.

Post by syg1111 »

I have installed datastage 7.5.1a server on Linux. When I use DataStage Administrator to connect Datastaget server from client. It throw below error message:

Failed to connect to host: 172.30.114.146, project: UV

Invalid UniVerse mark characters have been sent from the server. Code page 936 may not support these characters, or you may need to install DataStage NLS.

Anyone can tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Install NLS. It should be prompted during installing server.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

You are using a non-English Windows on your client machine, that uses code page 936.

However you have installed DataStage server without NLS, or you have failed to specify that the client is using code page 936. To correct the first, simply re-install DataStage server, checking the "install NLS" option. To correct the second, set the client map on the Administrator client NLS page. Make sure that you choose a map name that ends in "-CS" (for "client/server").
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
syg1111
Participant

Post by syg1111 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

You are using a non-English Windows on your client machine, that uses code page 936.

However you have installed DataStage server without NLS, or you have failed to specify t ...
Thanks. I have installed NLS, and client machine is non-English Windows. But I want to know which configuration file need to modify on DataStage server, let non-English Windows client can connect to DataStage without error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is not a configuration file - rather there is an NLS database. You configure it from the Administrator client - NLS settings system wide for character maps to be built and loaded into shared memory, and NLS per-project settings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sendmk »

I have been trying to connect to and English installation of Datastage server from a Japanese Windows laptop. And despite setting the client/server map to MS932-CS in Adminsitrator-client, I still get this error

"Invalid UniVerse mark characters have been sent from the server. Code page 932 may not support these characters, or you may need to install DataStage NLS"

Has anyone been able to connect from Japanese client to English Server?

thanks