Unble to open hash file ,& not able to delete hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhaskarjha
Participant

Unble to open hash file ,& not able to delete hash file

Post by bhaskarjha »

hi

i have one job which was running previously , but nw its not able to open the same hash files which are there. and also i tried with renaming the hash files still same error the job is getting aborted ,

when i tried to delete these hash files from server it gives messages as sharing voilation and not able to delete it.
Bhaskar Jha
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Could you please post the correct error message you are getting when you try to run the job or delete the hashed files. That would be more helpful.

Also, When you rename the hashed files do you also check the "delete file before create" option for that hashed file??

Kris.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do an exact match search on the key words 'unable to open hash file'. THat will return you a couple of posts. Check them out. IF the error messages in those posts (returned by search) is similar to yours then you might be in luck as the solution is outlined in those earlier posts.
Good Luck.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Are the hashed files being accessed by any other process???
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

I think there is problem with your OS permission......
Please check with your administrator....

Thanks,
Anupam
bhaskarjha
Participant

Post by bhaskarjha »

Hi

the exact error is as

'JOB_CDW_FACT_PEX_TD..TRANSIT_DTLS_H.IDENT9: |JOB_CDW_FACT_PEX_TD..TRANSIT_DTLS_H.LINK_TRANSIT_DTLS_H: DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file 'C:\AFL\HASH_FILE\LINK_TRANSIT_DTLS'.|'
Bhaskar Jha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What are the permissions on the folder C:\AFL\HASH_FILE ? Particularly for the user ID that executes DataStage jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.