Which area has more jobs?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Which area has more jobs?

Post by splayer »

I would like to hear your opinion as to which area has more jobs:

DS Server 6
DS Server 7
DS Parallel 7
DS Paralle 7.5

Also, where can I get a tutorial for DS Server 7? Is there a Solution Development exercise like there is for DS Parallel 7.5?

Thanks.
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Query placed at wrong forum Index
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I don't think there is any point learning an older version of DataStage since going forward most of the new projects (who are constantly looking for staff) will be on the latest version. Most new large projects are in parallel, most existing sites are on server edition. I think we will have to wait to see the pricing and success of Hawk before parallel catches up to and passes server edition.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In Australia the present ratio of server to parallel sites is about 9:1. In south and east Asia (excluding Japan and companies doing offshore work for US clients) the ratio seems even higher. This is, as Vincent noted, gradually changing, but server will be around for quite some time yet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.