Fatal Error When insering in to a DB2 table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fatal Error When insering in to a DB2 table

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Iam inserting a record in to a DB2 table . Iam using a DB2 /API stage .Iam using the same table for lookup but when iam inserting if there is no record found in the table . Iam getting a following error .

TestPopulate_Ann_Table..Tgt_ANN_Table: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0443N Routine "SYSIBM.SQLTABLES" (specific name "TABLES") has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic text "SYSIBM:CLI:-973". SQLSTATE=38553

SQLTables: Error retrieving system catalog information for requested tables(s).

Can any one tell me why Iam getting this error. Iam able to select records from table for lookup but Iam getting this error when Iam inserting.

Thanks,
Somaraju.
somaraju
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is the table have necessary Insert permissions for the user?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Kumar,

Yes. The user id has a necessary permission for insertion.

Thanks,
SomaRaju.
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... but does this user have the requisite SELECT privilege on the system tables that are used to verify that the table and/or column names used in the INSERT statement are correct? It appears, from reading the error message, that it might be the case that the user lacks these privileges.

The error message came from a call to the SQLTables() function. Although it's not exactly the same as the ODBC SQLTables() function, you can get a fairly close idea of what it does by looking at the BASIC SQL Client Interface manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Everything I can find on the net about these errors seems to point to a heap error, like this one for instance:

http://www.thetechtwo.com/detail-9350141.html

The solution seems to involve getting the latest 'Fixpack'. Something to check out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

Hi, I've seen this error message before, ask your DBA to rebind the database. It's been a while since I saw that error, but let me know if it works.
Garth