unable to see the existing jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j
Participant

unable to see the existing jobs

Post by kumar_j »

hi all,
iam using server jobs installed in aix machine and when i try to view th jobs in designer/ and it is showing there are 0 entries , but when i try to import the jobs it is showing job is existing do u want to replace it.so the job are existing but unable to see(0 entries)
i restarted the datastage server at Ascential/datastage/dsengine/bin
i executed the command uv -admin -stop
and i got the, datastage is in inconsistent state
and after some time i restated

can u please explain why it is happing
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Are you able to view the job from manager into you project??

Datastage Manager connects to all project you are using on server..May be you have multiple projects and while importing it may be you imported into different project and looking for job into different project.
While importing open project from manager and import..

Thanks,
Anupam
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

HI akarmarkar,

Its not at all a issue if you have two jobs with the same name in different
projects in a single datastage server.

The message saying that the object already exists could be for some other reason

Regards
Sreeni
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar_j - it seems that your indices have been corrupted; this is why the client tools won't show a job while an import states that it exists already. You can use the DS.TOOLS menu and choose to reindex your project to fix this problem.
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Sreenivasulu wrote:HI akarmarkar,

Its not at all a issue if you have two jobs with the same name in different
projects in a single datastage server.

The message saying that the object already exists could be for some other reason

Regards
Sreeni

I think you did not get..if he is connecting to different project and importing every time in same project it will show job already exists...
and more over i am also asking he can able to see that job from manager or not ...if he can from manager itself he can open designer and see if not .... then there might be some metedata error he is getting ... he can use TCL command ..... I think you got what meant to be...

Thanks,
Anupam
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

I think some one in your project have done the DS.REINDEX ALL while a client is connected to the server. Make sure yo disconnect all the clients for that project and do the DS.REINDEX ALL for that project.
Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If you are not experienced in doing the RE-Index you better not !
You are better off calling support for that.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_j
Participant

thks

Post by kumar_j »

thks ,i did that and my jobs are visible

ArndW wrote:Kumar_j - it seems that your indices have been corrupted; this is why the client tools won't show a job while an import states that it exists already. You can use the DS.TOOLS menu and choose to reind ...
n2q2n
Participant

Post by n2q2n »

I met the same problem. I solved it with "DS.TOOLS 2".

Unfortunately, this bug come back daily .

What can I do ?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

How big is your project? Is there any one doing the same with the existing clinet connection. That would be one of the main reason to see the job disappearing often.
Take a backup of all the jobs, and deleter the project and rebuild a new one and import back. So that you the installaion on the fresh hashed file.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'