routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tostay2003
Participant

routines

Post by tostay2003 »

Hi all,

Didnt know where to post this. But this is more of a general question.

Does anyone know where i can learn about writing routines (apart from Ascential guides).

Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There are no Info/Basic programming instruction books out there, as far as I know. The only material that exists are training and similar guides for the full spectrum of the programming language (with a lot of stress put on the database aspects, which are less important in DataStage). You can search the web for BASIC and (UniVerse, Pick, Revelation, Reality, Ultimate, jBase) to see if there are any books offerred.

Basically (yes, pun intended) you have the Ds/Basic programmer's guide to give you the broad description of the syntax and semantics and the rest is practice.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is/was an Ascential class called Programming with DataStage BASIC

<AD>I have also prepared material (for sale) on writing routines - please contact me off line for details</AD>
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.