Infinite Number of Sort Stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ultramundane
Participant

Infinite Number of Sort Stages

Post by Ultramundane »

After applying a critical patch for the PXEngine, the server jobs (not parallel), have an infinite number of sort stages in the stage pane. After clicking through about 200 of them the designer becomes unstable and crashes. This happens for all projects.

Anyone ever seen a stage get duplicated to what appears to be an infinite number of times?
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: Infinite Number of Sort Stages

Post by Ultramundane »

Ascential had us right click on the pallete and select "reset to factory default". This got rid of the entire pallete!!! They are now trying to figure out how best to restore it as it seems the configuration for all stages was blown away by this operation. That is, even when you go into customization the stages are gone.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried just reinstalling the client?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

chulett wrote:Have you tried just reinstalling the client? ...
Good suggestion. I actually tried and it results in the same situation. All stages are missing?
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

Ascential does not know why their product caused itself corruption. In addition, they do not want to try and figure out the specifics of why it happened. They want me to export the jobs, drop the project (note: cannot restore easily because of complexity of the patch that was installed), recreate the project, apply all project settings manually because there is not a project clone, import the jobs.

I am certain that this will fix the project. But, I feel it is at the expense of not fixing the problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What happens if you install a new client on an entirely new (never had DataStage installed) PC?

If it happens there as well, it suggests that there's some difficulty with how the data are being presented from the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

ray.wurlod wrote:What happens if you install a new client on an entirely new (never had DataStage installed) PC?
Cool. I guess. It is missing the stages as well. Ascential told us that the project default is stored in the project directory (server side) and that they don't how to rebuild (apart from dropping/recreating the project) with confidence so that it will fix the problem.