error reading data from universe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkomalla
Premium Member
Premium Member

error reading data from universe

Post by pkomalla »

Hi All,

Iam running a job which extracts data using a hash file from universe database(data is in different partitions) to load into a sequential file.

In hash file after giving details of the partition, columns, When I entered key column value in Selection tab for extracting a specified single row, I get an error when I selected view data " unexpected explicit item id". Without specifing anything in Selection, I can view data.

I think its a problem in the dictionary of that filename. As the syntax is working for another partition.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

How are you creating partitions? Distributed hashed files is very high level Universe concept.

I assumed you used a UV stage. If so then post the SQL. If no then what hashed file are you reading from?
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try either of the following.

(1) Put the key value on the Selection tab inside single quotes.

(2) Replace the explicit key value with an appropriate clause (a WITH clause (without the WITH) for a Hashed File stage, a WHERE clause (without the WHERE) for a UV stage).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Re: error reading data from universe

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

pkomalla wrote:" unexpected explicit item id".
Hi,

This error comes when you specify wrong column in select tab.
Please see column name in column tab of hash file and specify correct column name in selection tab.

Thanks,
Anupam