DS mapping Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj_konig
Participant

DS mapping Error

Post by raj_konig »

Hi folks,

I am getting following error when i try to run the mapping. i am not even able to import the table also.

"[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0443N Routine "SYSIBM.SQLTABLES" (specific name "TABLES") has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic text "SYSIBM:CLI:-805". SQLSTATE=38553

SQLTables: Error retrieving system catalog information for requested tables(s)."

I tried even changing the DSN.

Thanks in advance
raj
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

Raj,

Perhaps your database user lacks SELECT privilege on the system tables. Check with your DBA.
Nitin Jain | India

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

Ya i even checked that. The user i am using for Datastage has all the privileges.

raj
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

The user i am using for Datastage has all the privileges.
Check the user which you are specifying in DB2 stage to connect to database, you did check DataStage user.
Nitin Jain | India

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

yes koolnitz, the user thru which i am connecting to the database has select, create all the privileges. and the user id i used to logon into the datastage has administrator privileges.

raj
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

Hi Koolnitz,

I solved the issue.

This is due to the communication problem between the database and datastage.

When ever we create a DSN for the datastage we bind the ODBC / CLI connections to the database.

Previously my connections were binded and my datastage was running fine. For maintainance we restarted the Data stage and Database. After this we started facing this error. After the restart the connections were not binded. so we manually deleted the prevailing connections and rebinded them. This has to be done at the DB side. Once this is done everything is working fine.

Thanks for the support.

raj