Server hit by lots of log queries

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Thanks Kim & Ray,
I think Ray's Warning is enough for me to let it be.
I might venture the path of dumping the log file's data to a seq file and clearing it to keep it short.
I understand that there should be some utility for doing the log dump to seq file so I'll just try to go in that direction hoping the left over time between job runs will be sufficiant to complete the process of log backup & purging.

Thanks again :)
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no such utility in the product (though you could create a DataStage job to do it). Many folks have created such a utility; a search on the forum should find a few of them. It can be done from the TCL shell (or from the Administrator client Command window).

Code: Select all

DIVERT.OUT ON &UFD& dslog.txt
SELECT TIMESTAMP, SEVERITY, FULL.TEXT FROM RT_LOGnn WHERE CAST (@ID AS VARCHAR) NOT LIKE '//%' ORDER BY @ID;
DIVERT.OUT OFF
This captures the output of the query into a file called dslog.txt in the project directory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.