Surrogate Key Assignment

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vemireddy_Sasi
Participant

Post by Vemireddy_Sasi »

chulett wrote:More of a 'reset' than a 'set', per se, but perhaps it will help:

Code: Select all

UPDATE SDKSequences USING DICT VOC SET F1 = '?' WHERE @ID = 'YourSequenceName';
YourSequenceName is the 'key' to reset.

? is the value to reset it to.
Thank you very much for your quick response .Still how can i update the SDKSequences file with the above provided code. This is file not sitting in Database . I have updated the SDKSequences in unix file system and run the run job ,but the job was getting aborted and throughting the error like the SDKSequences file is correpted.Will you please advise me?

Thanks and Regards,
Bhaskar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SDKSequences is a hashed file, not a UNIX file. YOU corrupted it by editing with a UNIX tool.

Therefore you have lost all sequence information that any job in your project may have had. Gone forever (unless you can restore SDKSequences from backup media, but even then the sequences it contains will only be up to date as at when the backup was taken).

You need to drop SDKSequences (within DataStage; the command is DELETE.FILE SDKSequences) - it will automatically be re-created and sequences reset to 1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.